Raise awareness and Empower Your Community.
Today, let us discuss on how to cultivate and engage donors online.
In order to cultivate donors, we need to take advantage of opportunities from both Facebook and Google in order to enable donors to become familiar with your organization and your organization’s cause.
We need to start out by increasing awareness of your organization and make your organization more visible in places where your potential donors frequent.
Having said that, it could mean anything from getting out there and getting visible in your community to increasing your presence on social media to optimizing your SEO strategy and improving your search ranking for the questions and information your audience is searching for and even considering to use paid advertising.
In order to raise awareness about your organization or cause, take a look specifically at the following opportunities:
Google Ad Grants, Facebook’s Non-Profit Fundraising Tools and Facebook Advertising
- Google Ad Grants – Did you know that Google provides non-profit organizations with up to $10,000 in free advertising per month? Let me repeat that… per month! Google Ad Grants shows your search ads to people who are searching Google for non-profit organizations similar to yours and helps you reach individuals who were previously unaware of your cause. You could recruit more volunteers, attract more donations and share your cause with your community. And it’s really easy to do. If you are a newbie to advertising, you can use Adwords Express. You just pick your audience, write three lines of text about your non-profit, set your daily budget, and let AdWords Express do the rest. On the other hand, if you are a seasoned pro, you can do your magic straight from Adwords.
- Facebook Fundraising Tools Facebook offers built-in native peer-to-peer fundraisers and with an all new updated Donate Now button to allow people to donate to charities without leaving Facebook. Cool!
Here are a couple tips on using Facebook for Fundraising:
- Promote your events through Facebook and encourage your audience to tag friends who may be interested in your cause.
- Encourage board members and staff to help promote your posts and even provide additional sample posts which they can share.
- Develop relationships with social media influencers who would be willing to help promote your posts, who may even have blogs.
- Include sharing opportunities on your donation pages, blog posts, website articles and online publications.
- Listen to your audience and monitor engagement. Respond quickly to comments and questions. Look for opportunities to further the conversation and empower your community. With Facebook Fundraising Tools for Nonprofits, you can cast a very wide net and connect with your community members and supporters who care.
You can truly engage and empower your community, along with people who are already in your network. The fundraising tools on Facebook encourage sharing. When one of your supporters donates to your organization, they are encouraged to share and invite others to take action. It becomes easy for others to quickly give once inspired.
3. Facebook Advertising, which could be a huge help to boost both your audience and your reach, is something you really want to work on and optimize. Use Facebook Advertising to promote ads and also boost posts to specific and targeted audiences during optimal days and times. Once you have a strong handle on what your audience responds to and even get really deep and figure out to whom your ads resonate with the most, you can make major strides and really build an engaged, interested and excited audience.
You can spark curiosity. You can build familiarity. Advertising on Facebook is particularly useful if you want to reach new people on Facebook, empower your community, or show your message to a specific audience or even a local audience. You can run ads on almost any budget.
Find new supporters by reaching outside your existing community, Reach out to people who are similar to your existing supporters. Through your ads, you can create strong calls to action to people with particular demographics, interests or behaviors.
Create calls to actions to entice your audience to visit your website or sign up for your email list, where you may have an email nurture campaign in place to further empower your community and build familiarity and a relationship over time. I recommend having a month-long nurture campaign in place to welcome your visitors.
Take advantage of our FREE 20-minute consultation today!