Supercharge your online Facebook Fundraising
Using Facebook can supercharge your fundraising efforts, but it can also be pretty intimidating. That’s why we’re sharing some secrets about easily integrating Facebook fundraising into your marketing strategy.
The approach you take is going to directly affect how hard the process is. If you set out to make a viral fundraising campaign, it can feel next to impossible.
Instead, we suggest focusing on the tried and true, industry-tested knowledge and guidelines that we have honed over the years as non-profit professionals, which includes strategies for targeting broad and local audiences, using social and email campaigns to increase engagement and creating emotional connections.
Even if we use Facebook fundraising casually, with all of its optimization tools and ever changing features, it can still be intimidating. This is especially true when you’re just getting started or the first time you use a feature like Facebook Ads. Power Editor can be a lot to digest. Luckily, there are a few ways to make it easier for you and the rest of your marketing team:
- Integrate Facebook into your other fundraising efforts. You already know what your audience likes; take something that’s worked well in the past, like a blog post, and use it as a boosted post.
- Consider things that lend themselves to social media and Facebook LIVE videos.It’s much easier to produce content, imagery and video like Facebook Live when you build on what you know…and what your audience will love.
Facebook is great for sharing your fundraising campaigns, upcoming events, blog posts, website articles and online publications. Have something in mind? Does this give you any ideas?
These are our tips for Facebook fundraising:
1. Have a fundraising goal
2. Have a fundraising timeline
3. Share your organization’s goals
4. Suggest donation amounts
5. Incorporate a consistent theme
6. Create trust through Facebook LIVE
7. Share photos and (LIVE) videos from events
8. Create Facebook Fundraisers
9. Track campaign progress and provide updates
10. Share your story and encourage others to do so, too
Just remember, the sooner you start, the further ahead you’ll be. Good luck!
Take advantage of our FREE 20-minute consultation today!