Supercharge your online Facebook Fundraising
Using Facebook can supercharge your fundraising efforts, but it can also be pretty intimidating in the beginning. This is why we want to impart some secrets on how to easily incorporate and integrate Facebook Fundraising into your marketing strategy.
The approach you take is going to directly affect how difficult the process is. If you set out to make a viral fundraising campaign, it may feel difficult to accomplish, or worse, it may feel next to impossible.
Instead, we suggest on focusing on the tried and true, industry-tested knowledge and guidelines that we have honed over the years as non-profit professionals, which includes strategies for targeting both broad and local audiences, using social and email campaigns to increase engagement which in turn creates emotional connections.
Even if we utilize Facebook Fundraising casually, with all of its optimization tools and ever changing features, it can still be intimidating – this is especially true whether you are just getting started or a first time user of the Facebook Ads feature. Power Editor can be a lot to digest. Luckily, here are a few tips to make it easier for you and the rest of your marketing team:
- Integrate Facebook into your other fundraising efforts. You already know what your audience likes – take into consideration a strategy that has worked well in the past, such as a blog post, and use it as a boosted post.
- Consider things that lend themselves to social media and Facebook LIVE videos. It is much easier to produce content, imagery and video like Facebook LIVE when you build on what you know and what your audience will love.
Facebook is a great social media platform for sharing your fundraising campaigns, upcoming events, blog posts, website articles and online publications. Have something in mind? Does this give you any ideas?
These are our tips for Facebook fundraising:
- Have a fundraising goal
- Have a fundraising timeline
- Share your organization’s goals
- Suggest donation amounts
- Incorporate a consistent theme
- Create trust through Facebook LIVE
- Share photos and (LIVE) videos from events
- Create Facebook Fundraisers
- Track campaign progress and provide updates
- Share your story and encourage others to do so too
Keep in mind that the sooner you start, the further ahead you will be. Good luck!
Take advantage of our FREE 20-minute consultation today!